Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First cash

Albeit a very minor one in the nightly $340 tournament. Decided to take an easy day yesterday so just played the nightly tournament. Good decision as I was in a much better frame of mind and played my best poker. Patient early on for as long as the blinds allowed, then pushed when I had to with 8's and got a double up from an Ace 10. A rush of cards then saw me motor from 3K to 28.5K to be in good shape with 100 left. A couple of hits near the bubble meant I had to fold into the money. When the bubble burst, I had less than 3 BB, and was BB. A great situation arose when the monster stack on the button raised, the other big stack reraised, and getting 6 to 1 on my money I had a no brain call with any two. As it happened I had 109 off, and was up against Ace 7 off, with a better than sporting chance of more than tripling up to get back in the game. Alas, it was not to be.

Played the $1500 today and just got nothing to play with. When I tried to be creative I ran into monsters and by level 5 was in push or fold mode. Lost my first all in and that was that.

Still, very happy with my game overall and the main event is the main event, as it says on the tin.

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More