Tuesday, April 1, 2008

When everything goes wrong and still works out

Back from Brno, where I had to battle with nausea, stomach cramps, severe diarrhea, vomiting and not being able to keep down any solid food or sports drink for the whole 6 hours of the race.

But on the positive side, I did actually win the race by almost 5 kilometres, and broke three Irish national records in the process (indoors 50K, indoors 6 hours, all surfaces 6 hours).

Unfortunately my friend and mentor Tony Mangan had less good fortune in the 48 hour race.

I'll write a full report as soon as I can summon up the energy, but for now a really massive thank you to son Paddy and wife Mireille for somehow getting me through the race (and also to Tony for his encouragement).

2 comments:

Thanks Lloyd. Playing the SE this Saturday?

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More