Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Tournament Poker Study Simplified explained

 Barry and I just released Tournament Poker Study Simplified. It's a new video course which breaks down the fundamentals of poker while also giving you a framework for how to study poker on your own, without a coach.



Since I started writing books, demand for my one-on-one coaching has skyrocketed, so much so that I often have to turn away a lot of potential new clients. 

Whatever level they are, I always like to start with the fundamentals: GTO, exploits and ICM. What I often find after working with a client for a while is they are often missing these foundational building blocks which would allow them to study on their own.  

The course replicates the process I go through with my one-on-one clients and Barry sits in to play the role of the student. We cover all the major aspects of poker including

  • Preflop opens, flats, 3-bets and defends
  • How to study post flop hands
  • How to play different board textures
  • Bet sizing strategy including leads and overbets
  • Turn and river play
  • Blind vs Blind
  • Bubble and final table bubble play
  • Short, Medium & Big stack ICM strategies
  • Final table strategy
  • Exploits and node locking

Barry and I have released a number of free extracts from the course on our YouTube channel:

We have over 20 hours of video and we will be updating the course in the future with more stuff. This is all for a fraction of the price of my private coaching (if you are one of my existing students, please message me for an exclusive discount code). 

In addition to all of that, for a short time only you will also get our three exclusive webinars on Milestone Satellites, Mystery Bounties and playing soft live fields, for free! 

My hope is that by the end of this course, you will not only have developed a solid understanding of the fundamentals of poker, you will also have developed a framework for how to study poker alone, without the need for a coach. 


Next up

Since Vegas I've been concentrating on content (have also started on the next book with Barry in addition to completing the course) and coaching, but I have another solid three and a half weeks of live poker coming up starting this Friday. I'll be playing the Dublin Poker Club 1k, the Irish Poker Tour Lunasa Lunacy in the Green Isle, then it's a full two week in Barcelona for the EPT stop, topped off by a week at The Festival in Malta. Hope to see you there at some point! 

0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More