Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nine nine nine

Played the Fitz rebuy yesterday which was great value with effectively over 2K added. The 2K added brought a few good players out of the woodwork: my first table featured Noel Hayes (to my immediate left - we had an interesting natter), Irish Ladies champion Sinead Constant, Kevin Fitzpatrick (who as I've said before I regard as one of the best players in Ireland), and a couple of good young LAGs I've seen around. Anyway, after losing my mandatory first buyin, I got a flyer just before the break when I won a 4 way all in (with JJ).

From there, I just steadily accumulated chips to have 60K by the time there were about 20 left. A couple of lost races saw me clinging on the bubble, and by the time the FT formed I had 3 big blinds. There wasn't much play for anyone at that point: average M was 3, and a massive chipleader was skewing the average to the point that many of us had an M of less than 2. My first shove took down the blinds, my second (aces, called by KQ) more than doubled me up to 70K, and suddenly I'm third in chips. But M still under 4!

It all went in two hands, both pocket 9's. First a shortie shoved utg for half my stack and with blinds and antes meaning I was getting 6 to 4 if nobody else called, it was a standard shove once everyone else folded to my button. I lost the race to AT.

Next hand, 9's in the cutoff, the hyper aggro chipleader raised and I again shoved, this time losing a race to KJo, to exit in 8th for 200 Euro. Better than nothing but a disappointing chance lost. The FT was pretty weak apart from a couple of very capable young guns who knew what they were doing, and the top 2 prizes were over 2K with the added ticket. Example: Fitz regular Frank raises utg+1 to 11K, leaving about 80K behind. At this point he's second in chips. Chipleader shoves on the button, Frank calls with J9o. Up against AK, flop Axx, turn 9, river 9.

At the break I met El Stuntman (who was unlucky to bubble) and Rounders (not his real name). They suggested I accompany them for liquid refreshment and instead of agreeing instantly (the correct line given the villains involved) I had a brain fart and instead opted to stay and eat a few soggy sandwiches. Bad beat.

1 comments:

Hello

Sorry to trouble you but I have an opportunity you MAY be interested in.

I work for the Big Slick in Purley Also I am the Affiliate Manager for Big Slick Online which is our own skin on the IPOKER network. Aside from the Gutshot and obviously now DTD they are probably the two biggest clubs in the UK with around 10000 members between them. We have dealer dealt tourneys every night of the week as well as regular 20K guaranteed monthly tournaments.

Would you be interested in acting as an affiliate for the online site and also possibly sponsorship from the clubs ? I am sure you are aware IPOKER network (the same as Blue Sq,VC etc) is the biggest in Europe and we now guarantee over 12million a month in tourneys.I am VERY confident I can give you both the BEST affiliate deal for you recommending players but also the BEST "loyalty deal" if you play on IPOKER yourself ?

Your blog is frankly excellent and I assume you must be getting decent traffic and of course you must know loads of players which is obviously ideal for me.

If this is of any interest to you then please contact me crm@bspoker.co.uk or mayur_patel10@hotmail.com and if not then apologies for troubling you.

Kind Regards

Mayur Patel

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More