Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Gruesome but effective"

A description of my satellite game, which again stood me in good stead tonight. Qualified for the weekend SE main event in tonight's satellite.

Played, well, gruesomely but effectively, and got cards when I needed them, notably pocket aces on the final table when I was drifting back towards shortstacksville, and I managed to virtually triple up with them.

Very enjoyable tournament. 29 runners, I think, and 3 but really 4 tickets (4th was a grand). When we got down to fourth, Mick Stevens (continuing his phenomenal run of form: 3 wins in 3 nights) decided to spare us all the horror of playing for ages for 100 Euro by going all in blind till it was over.

European Deepstack back in February is actually the last major (300 Euro plus buyin) tournament I bought into. Since then, I've satellited into the Irish Open, the JP Masters, two GUKPT events and now this. God I love satellites.

2 comments:

Well done and good luck on Friday,
I'll probably be in on Saturday for the €270.

Thanks Smurph.

Well done to you on your online satellite success for Macau.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More