Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Catch up!

 With more and more of my writing appearing elsewhere I’ve been neglecting this blog a bit of late but I don’t want to let it go completely so I’ll be mainly using it for personal updates going forward. 

Mystery Bounty book

When we published our fourth book “GTO Poker Simplified” six months ago Barry told me he wanted to take a bit of a break from books. Which of course meant we were always destined to crank out book five faster than any of the others. 



We have been working on three different books simultaneously, one on postflop ICM (a follow up to “Endgame Poker Strategy”), another on Exploitative poker, and one on mystery bounties. We originally thought the last one would just be a short ebook, but as we got into it and ran more sims it grew into a fully fledged book, available now on Amazon and everywhere else that sells our books. 

SCOOP

The last month has been dominated by me playing a full SCOOP schedule, 6 days a week. SCOOP itself was a frustrating experience for me as I failed to get the sustained concentrated run good in one event that you need. However I did well in non SCOOP events so overall it was a profitable few weeks, thanks mainly to two 10k binks. 

One came in a mystery bounty. After whining on Instagram I’d pulled nothing but 54 dollar bounties, I missed hitting the jackpot, or at least seeing the box open with it. I was checking my account balance to see if I needed to reload when it suddenly jumped by 10k, a very pleasant surprise. 



The other bink was equally fortuitous. Mid Sunday grind I noticed that a WSOP Main event satellite was overlaying heavily as max late Reg closed, so I hopped on last minute. 21 minutes and 31 hands later I shipped a 12k package. 


Training content

A few days ago I did a hand history review of that bink for JakaCoaching. I was surprised at how many close interesting and in many cases counter intuitive spots I could find in the 31 spots and it made for probably my most instructive content so far for JakaCoaching.

If you aren’t yet a member of JakaCoaching but would like to sign up to watch replays if all my webinars and the other coaches including Faraz himself, as well as watch my live Play and Explain sessions (the closest I’ll ever get to Twitching), you can do so here 

https://Jaka.Poker/Dara 

Enter the code Dara15 to get a 15% discount when you sign up.

I have also made some free videos recently with my co-author Barry Carter, some of which can be found on our own video channel, and others on the Cardschat channel

I’m also doing a free webinar on mystery bounties this Wednesday for Pocket Queens and Poker Mix.

Unibet

My and David’s contract with Unibet ran out at the end of May and we were both delighted to sign with them for another year ensuring the continuance of The Chip Race and Lock in. We originally signed with Unibet back in early 2017 and I think this extension makes us among the longest serving ambassadors for a poker site in the industry. With my earlier stints as an ambassador for Bruce and Irish Eyes, that means I’ll have been a poker site ambassador for 11 years in total. Not bad for an old guy who entered the game in my forties and was told by Stars employees and other industry insiders that I’d never be an ambassador for a poker site because I was too old already. 

Both David and I are genuinely thrilled and proud to represent Unibet, a company with a reputation for integrity and focus on player experience unmatched in the industry. I recently tuned into Twitch to see the ambassador of another site complaining at the here he and other ambassadors had taken for the decision of their sponsors. With Unibet David and I never have to worry about doing anything to enrage almost their entire customer base. 

Team Exploit

I announced earlier this week I'm proud to have joined eXploit as a coach. Are you a winning online player who wants to move up stakes? One of the questions I get asked most is "will you stake me?"

🃏💪 I don't personally stake players any more but I am proud to announce I've signed as a coach of the eXploit Poker Team, one of the world's leading poker teams, I invite you to join our winning journey.

🔥Unleash your full potential and master the art of poker with our exceptional team that has more than 300 students and more than 80 coaches around the world.

Part of eXploit's success is due to intelligent choice of tournaments and buy-ins for its players, not exposing them to high variance.

📉 If you're struggling with your game, if you can't consistently win, if you don't have a community that gives you everything you need to become a successful player, eXploit is what you need!

✍️Apply now via the link in the BIO of instagram @teamexploitpoker and @teamexploitpokerworld

EXPLOIT ♦️📈



Coaching

My coaching took a bit of a back seat during SCOOP and will again during the WSOP so if you’re one of my students and want a session or two before I head to Vegas, hit me up. 

It was a much better SCOOP for my students than me, and they’ve also been crushing live recently too, including at Triton in Cyprus. I recently achieved a unique “triple crown” when I woke up to messages from three different students saying they’d just shipped tournaments. This gave me almost as much satisfaction as my own triple crowns. 

Writing

In addition to the books, I’ve continued to write strategy articles for Poker Strategy, including recent pieces on why suited connectors are overrated and suited kings underrated, and how most players are way too loose preflop in multi-way situations

I also write regularly for VegasSlotsOnline, including some recent articles on the Monster, the Irish Open, a guide to surviving the WSOP, and my top tips for mystery bounties.

WSOP 

Speaking of the WSOP, it’s already started. I’m flying there on the 20th and staying til the end. Between now and then I want to focus on preparing for it both mentally and physically. While I’ve been in excellent health since I shook off (what I assume was) long COVID two years ago (I haven’t had as much as a sniffle since and my energy levels are high again), I have let my physical fitness slide a little recently. Although I managed to get out for a run most days during SCOOP my long runs have slipped too often so I want to focus on getting as good a shape as I can for Vegas. 

I’ll work out my WSOP schedule in the next few days and will be selling some action, mostly to people who have bought in the past, but also some small pieces on StakeKings as part if a new hookup between the Chip Race and the platform. 

If you’d like to buy a piece from me directly, message me and I’ll send you a link to the package once I’ve worked it out. 

I’m very much looking forward to heading to Vegas and hoping this will be the year I finally get a bracelet!


0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More