Thursday, May 2, 2024

Irish Open and other threads

 In the run up to Irish Opens in recent years, I’ve taken to reposting one old Irish Open blog a day in chronological order. I noticed a few years missing, and my first thought was

“Hmmm. That’s weird. I guess nothing interesting happened at the Irish Open that year for me personally”

However, I just realised the reality is different. The missing years were the first years I was sponsored, and as part of the deal my blogs were moved to the sponsor’s site, or newsletters. These are now defunct, so I intend to dig out the old blogs and finally move them back here. 

This year’s and last year’s blogs are of course on VegasSlotsOnline, and will remain there as they pay for that privilege, but can be accessed through these links


Last year

This year


Other news

In other news, this blog recently passed a very special milestone, one million views, something I could never  have imagined possible when I started this blog (or even when I added a counter to start tracking views about a decade ago). I’m very grateful to all who have followed my journey down the years, and even more grateful to those who have helped me publicise it. With so much of my writing appearing elsewhere these days, I have definitely neglected this blog of late, but I don’t want to abandon it completely. 

I’ve already played way more live poker than I intended to this year, motivated to a greater degree than I’d care to admit by the fact the good start I made to the year on that front propelled me to the top of the GPI POY rankings for Ireland, and am intrigued to see how long I can maintain that position. For the rest of this month though the focus shifts to online poker (it’s Series season, and I’m particularly looking forward to the Chip Race series on Unibet), coaching, and content, before I attack on the live front again in June. 

Barry and I recently produced three new webinars, one on target satellites, another on mystery bounties, and a third on Exploiting Weak Live Fields, and we are currently working on a top secret project we are both very excited about, as well as a couple more book ideas.

Speaking of books, I had a couple of recent fun book signings, one up in Rinty’s place in Antrim, and the other with my friend Alex O’Brien in Malta.







Also while we were in Malta, Roland and Eric gave David and I our latest GPI award for the Chip Race.






0 comments:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More